Real Ale Wobble
10:00 am Saturday November 20th 2021
We will NOT be able to accommodate on the day entries this year, so please ensure you pre-enter here to avoid disappointment. We will be limiting entries and all entrants must provide proof they have been double jabbed or proof of a negative LFT taken on day of Wobble.
For information on the Covid Pass, visit https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-covid-pass
Whether you are a hardened mountain biker or a fun rider who happens to like a drop of real ale, The Real Ale Wobble will be right up your street. The wobble is a non-competitive event marking the beginning of the 10-day Mid Wales Beer Festival.
With courses for both serious bikers and enthusiastic amateurs, anyone can give the event a go. Routes are waymarked and marshalled, with check points, 2 along the way and one at the finish, where beer tokens can be exchanged for locally brewed real ale (water, hot drinks and soft drinks are also available).
The main feed station will also have a Coffee Pod and BBQ where you can buy more refreshments so please remember to carry money. When you return to the finish there is also another opportunity to have another beer and get some more food. There are showers at the hall available for a small charge.
The scenery is superb, with routes through some of the most delightfully unspoilt mountains and forestry in this hidden gem of a location in the heart of Mid Wales.
Evenings offer an opportunity to try out many of the Real Ales, Ciders and Perries from the extensive selection available across the festival venues, and enjoy some excellent local bands that provide entertainment on Friday and Saturday evening.
Bookings, Costs and rules:
- Pre booking is essential - on-line entry only available until 3 days before the event and entry limited to 500.
- Entry is £20.
- For safety all participants MUST check in on the morning. At check in you will receive your number board and (perhaps more importantly for you) your beer tokens.
- Routes - Long route approx 28 miles and shorter route approx 15 miles - All will have technical sections, but these will be marked with easier options available - the ride will be suitable for all abilities
- Check in times - At the Bromsgrove Hall - (LD5 4RA):
- Saturday 8:00am until 9.30am
- Mass start from the Hall on Saturday at 10am with a short breifing just before
Please note that there is a small amount of parking at the Bromsgrove hall, There are other car parks in the town.
Please visit (and 'Like') us on Facebook for more details